The Ellis Campbell Group
The Ellis Campbell Group is the corporate element of the Campbell Family Office and derives from an Estate Agency Partnership founded in Manchester in 1877 called Ellis and Sons.
William Ellis 1880-1960 (he changed his name to William Craven-Ellis to recognise his Mother’s maiden name and her family business of Craven Brothers of Manchester and Stockport of which William was the last Family member of the Board), enlarged the practice considerably and opened the first office in London in 1920. He also expanded into residential development and investment. The portfolio of let houses formed the principal asset base of the Ellis companies at the time of his death. William Craven-Ellis was also Member of Parliament for Southampton from 1931-1945.
Michael Campbell, William’s grandson, joined the business in the early ‘60s and has run it since then and is now non-executive Chairman.
In 2007 Laura Montgomery (nee Campbell) joined from practising property finance law at Berwin Leighton Paisner and became Managing Director in 2008
In August 2009 Laura and Julian Carey, (ex La Salle Investment Management), formed a new company, C2 Capital Ltd., to provide commercial real estate underwriting and investment opportunities including investment funds. C2 Capital Ltd. and The Ellis Campbell Group work closely together.
In 1989 The Ellis Campbell Charitable Foundation was established with a donation of £800,000 from the Ellis Campbell Group. Since its inception it has made grants totalling £1,104,500 and has a present value of £1,842,958.00. The Campbell Family Office continues to support it and donate to it.
London W1U 4AZ
Shalden, Alton, Hampshire GU34 4DS